Since fire safety equipment is, in the main, installed for the protection of life, it is vital that it be maintained to the highest possible standard. The Fire Precautions Workplace Regulations states in regard to maintenance of fire safety equipment: “It shall be subject to a suitable system of maintenance in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair”
Combat Fire’s experienced personnel offer inspection and service schedules on the following items to ensure compliance with these regulations:
Fire Alarm & Detection Systems – BS5839 Part 1: 2013
- Weekly: the user should activate a different call point each week.
- 6 monthly: a competent person should check all control equipment and test at least one device on each circuit.
- Yearly: a competent person should check the control equipment and every device on the system.
Gaseous Extinguishing Systems – IOS 14520
- Weekly: visual inspection of the system and risk area by the user.
- Monthly: user to check training of staff working within the risk area.
- 6-Monthly: competent person to check control system and correct operation of all devices, including mechanical equipment.
- Yearly: check quantity of extinguishing agent, test control equipment and carry out room integrity test.
Emergency Lighting – BS5266
- Daily: visual Check by the user
- Monthly: the user to test each luminaire and exit sign to check each lamp operates.
- Yearly: a competent person to test all luminaires for their full duration.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing-BS 5306 Part 1: 2009
Combat Fire Limited will undertake to service your fire equipment on an annual basis.
The servicing is carried out in strict accordance with the current British Standards code of practice BS5306 Part1: 2009, irrespective of make or model of appliance.
As well as providing service on the above Combat Fire offer service schedules covering water mist and sprinkler systems.
We would be happy to carry out a free onsite survey followed by a written quotation informing you of the most cost-effective solution, also insuring that your company adheres to all the relevant statutory requirements in force at the time.
Do not leave anything to chance – call Combat Fire now on 0808 178 2728 or click through to our contact page.